How to Configure a POP3 Account in Entourage
Basic E-mail Configuration
- On the Tools menu, click Account
- On the Mail tab, click New
- In the Account Setup Assistant box, type your name. This is the name that users see when they receive messages from you. Click the arrow to advance to the next screen
- In the Your E-mail Address box, type your email address, and then click the arrow to advance to the next screen
- In the Mail Servers dialog box, click POP3 from the My Incoming Mail Server list
- In the Incoming mail server box, type in mail.computersolutions.cn
- In the Outgoing Mail box, type mail.computersolutions.cn, and then click the arrow to advance to the next screen
For more information about either your POP3 or SMTP server name, contact your ISP or administrator.
- In the Account ID box, type your full email address
- In the Password box, type in your password. The Save Password option is automatically selected
- In the Account Name box, type a descriptive name for the account (we suggest putting your email address here)
- Click Finish
Additional setup is required
Open Tools, Accounts, and open the account created above.
In the Sending Mail dialog box, click Click here for advanced sending options.
Click Override default SMTP port (default port is 25), and change this to 26
Click SMTP server requires authentication
Close the window.
This step is optional (but recommended)
If you want to keep copies of your recent mail on our email servers so that you can access it from other computers:
Click Account Options
Check the Leave a copy of each message on the server.
Check Delete from Server after
Enter 30 days into the box.
Check Delete from Server when Deleted from My Computer.